Our Laser Machining Services
With more than 30 years of experience in the laser machining industry, we’ve got the expertise to produce just about anything you imagine … and probably a few beyond that. We’ll work with you to fine-tune your ideas, whether you have a scaled vector drawing or a simple rough sketch.
- Laser cutting of various materials
- Laser etching and engraving of various materials
- Tungsten inert gas (TIG), metal inert gas (MIG), spot and stud welding of metal
- Forming and light rolling of metal
- Color printing on metals and woods
About our laser-specific capabilities …
LASER CUTTING (click for gallery)
Our two industrial carbon dioxide (CO2) lasers can cut maximum sheet sizes of 48″ x 72″ for materials such as:
- stainless steel
- mild steel
- Plexiglas™ and more.
We operate two different laser engraving and etching methods to quickly and permanently mark a wide variety of materials. In addition to marking your supplied parts and materials, we maintain an inventory of pre-stamped anodized aluminum tags in an array of colors and sizes, or we can use our cutting lasers to produce any size and shape stainless steel items to suit your specific needs. The types of laser engravers we use are:
- Nd:YAG (neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet): For most metals (stainless/mild steel, brass, anodized aluminum, most chrome-coated items), some dark-colored plastics, and leather/leatherette. Maximum imprint area of 10″ in diameter.
- CO2: For most plastics, wood products, leather, glass, stone, rubber, and other materials. Maximum object area of 12″ x 24″ and maximum thickness 4″.
IMPORTANT NOTE if you’re supplying your own parts and/or materials: Engraving properties can vary greatly, depending on material, manufacturer or process, particularly with plastics and painted/chromed surfaces. While we have accumulated extensive experience with a wide variety of products, the exact marking quality on untested materials can be unpredictable. Whenever possible, providing us one or two sample parts will allow us sufficient testing to obtain the best marking results.